The change of seasons can easily throw us off-balance in body, mind and spirit. Fortunately, we can rely on ‘food as medicine’ to help this transition be one of ease, health and wellness. While Wintriness lingers in our neck of the woods, as Nature moves in long strides, enjoy these Rescue Remedy Recipes to avoid a cold, fortify the body, lift the spirits and warm the soul. Nourish & Nosh!
Carrot Ginger Soup is a sweet and sunny, satisfying bowl of supercharged nutrition, while Matcha Rose Latte is pretty in Pink and Green to help you harness fresh, brighter, blossoming energy, open the heart chakra, and restore an overall sense of well-being. Plus perfect pairing of complementary colors for the Spring holiday brunch. Celebrate the season with sustenance in style!
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- 1 cup of organic almond milk
- 1 tsp of organic rose petals
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Heat the almond milk and rose petals in a pan on low heat until warm, then stir in the honey and heat for another minute.
- Turn off the heat. Add the mixture and the matcha to a blender that can tolerate hot liquid, and blend for 30 seconds. You can also use a hand blender in the pan until the mixture is blended and foamy.
Moon Juice recently added a ‘magical’ matcha to its Moon Dusts line. An energizing and beautifying Green Tea Skin Food with Tocos and Silver Ear Mushroom to nourish skin, edible Hyluronic Acid to increase moisture levels, and adaptogens like Amla, Schisandra and Ashwagandha to target the effects of stress, and expand your beauty, luster and glow. Moon Juice is a holistic lifestyle resource for plant-sourced alchemy, beauty tools and next level natural remedies for daily nourishment to elevate body, beauty and consciousness.
Carrots -loaded with carotene, provide a powerful nutritional punch, enhanced with the cleansing abilities of freshly grated ginger and a dash of probiotic miso and garlic, gives this soup that hint of heat, deep flavor and healing. One of the most delicious culinary combinations, the roots of carrot and ginger combine to create a savory synergy. It’s just what the doctor ordered to ease one out of a Winter funk, support the immune system, and transition into Spring.
- 1 organic onion
- 1 lb. organic carrots
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1 quart water plus 1 Tbsp light miso
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp fresh herbs for garnish
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds for garnish
- Peel and coarsely dice onion. Peel & slice carrots. Peel & slice ginger (scrape skin off ginger with the dull back-side of a paring knife). Peel & chop garlic.
- Warm olive oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add onion, carrots and ginger. Sauté over medium heat until starting to soften. Add garlic, and continue to cook for a minute longer. Add cayenne, water and miso, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Next simmer and cook, covered for 15 minutes. Taste, and add salt and pepper as desired. Continue to cook another 10 minutes, until soft.
- Puree in the blender until smooth. Adjust seasonings and add more water if too thick. Stir in lemon juice.
- For some crunch, garnish bowls of soup with pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Makes 6 servings -about one cup each. Bon Appétit! Be Well!